Thursday, March 24, 2011

Save your money... and knees.



Kneeling Office Chair with Blue Fabric Seat and Wood Frame - WL-SB-310-GG


I bought this kneeling chair at Amazon a month ago and have come to the conclusion that it's just an uncomfortable ride and nothing can be done about it. I got it because of low back pain that was exacerbated by the old chair.

First, the padding in the chair is inadequate, at least in my case. The kneeler frame makes itself known after just a few minutes and after an hour in it my knees are complaining loudly. I'm not big either - 5'9", 165 lbs. No doubt it'd be even more painful for people heavier than myself. Also, my increasingly sore knees are sliding forward continuously and I have to reposition myself back up in it every couple of minutes. This is because the kneeler too closely parallels the floor. It needs more of an upward angle, but unfortunately the kneeler can't be adjusted. The seat has problems too. It's pretty hard and in my case it should be a little more parallel to the floor; but it can't be adjusted either. The back rest *is* adjustable but it has only three settings - none of which fit me, or any other human being I can imagine. There's a high/low adjuster underneath the seat that I've monkey'd with a half dozen times but to no avail. It's just trading one discomfort for another. My back pain has let up somewhat, but now my knees hurt and are growing callouses. And getting up to walk after an hour or more in this thing makes me feel like I'm 90 years old.

In a nutshell here's what's wrong: *we're not all the same size*! To make it comfortable the kneeler and seat need more padding and some way to individually adjust them. The back rest is poorly designed too and is pretty much useless except for a head rest when you're using the chair as a recliner. If you're anywhere near my size I totally recommend you not buy this. It hasn't been too expensive a mistake but I'm looking for something else already.

Citizenfitz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home